Vice President / Chief Estimator
Isam Ghandour, Vice President/Chief Estimator
Isam Ghandour is a rare breed in the construction industry. From the start, he set out to become a building professional. He began his career by earning his Bachelor of Science degree in architecture engineering from the University of Khartoum in Sudan. He worked as an architect for one year before moving to the US and earning his master’s degree in civil engineering/construction management from Bradley University in Peoria, Ill.
While attending Bradley, he interned with the Illinois Department of Transportation, working on a surveying crew. He graduated in 1997 and moved to Arizona. Isam joined the Willmeng Construction team in 2002 as a Project Manager/Estimator. Prior to that, he was a project manager with Mardian Contractors for almost five years.
His knowledge of the design process and his impressive project résumé make him a great asset to the team at Willmeng Construction. He has led the preconstruction and estimating efforts on numerous projects including Design-Bid-Build, CM@Risk ADM and design/build. The breadth of his experience includes office, industrial, retail, and tenant improvement projects to name a few.
“The greatest satisfaction of working at Willmeng comes from the people with whom I’m surrounded,” says Isam, who is a Certified Professional Estimator (CPE), Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) and Certified Construction Documents Technologist (CDT). “One of my early mentors in Phoenix told me always to treat people well and they in turn will treat you well. I say, ‘helping others will also help you.’”
Isam is a huge soccer fan. He says he prefers to watch it, but adds that away from the office he enjoys kicking the ball around occasionally. He also enjoys traveling with his family.
Isam has participated in CMAR selection committees and is a member of the American Society of Professional Estimators, American Institute of Constructors, Sigma Lambda Chi and Chi Epsilon.
- Arrowhead Business Park: $6.25MM, Peoria, AZ. – Planned and directed activities for the construction and maintenance for the 9.6-acre site project.
- Hamilton Sundstrand: $9.57MM, Phoenix, AZ – High tech office build out and upgrade of existing utility services and equipment fit-up.
- Portola Packaging: $2.68MM, Tolleson, AZ – Manufacturing/office build out for an injection-mold facility.
- Office: Arrowhead Business Park II $6.25 MM; FedEx inside sales center $1.3 MM; MicroAge office and call center $731K; VIACOM Outdoor $520K, and Parkway’s Tempe Gateway tenant improvements.
- Industrial/Manufacturing: TEN Sky Harbor Industrial Shell $2.7MM, Enterprise Vehicle Storage Facility $5.4MM, VW Arizona Proofing Grounds Fuel Station $2.59MM, Zeb Pearce distribution center $9.3 MM; Hamilton Sundstrand Electronics $9.57 MM; Portola Packaging $2.68 MM; Longs Drugs prescription refill center $1.46 MM.
- Medical: Banner Impression Foot & Ankle $230K, Heart & Rhythm Solutions $140K, PLAZA Maxwell Group $177K
- Retail: Walmart Casa Grand Remodel $1.2MM, Sam’s Club Tucson Remodel $2.6MM, Brookside Bell Lot 1 $1.4MM, Casa De Angelinas Restaurant $315K, Goodwill Peoria$1.1MM, Mesa Starbucks shell building $652K.
- Mission Critical: Siemens DVR Buildings for Intel Fab 22 $1.48MM, COX Communications Greenfield ASC $636K, AT&T Phoenix Main Remodels, SRP JOC various projects.
- Education: Phoenix Neighborhood Learning Center $1.5MM, NAU Phoenix Campus $1.36MM, Tungland Corporation TI $265K.