When Northrop Grumman envisioned their Launch Vehicles’ Division Headquarters, they wanted it to be more than an office; they wanted it to be a place to recruit and retain their 2,500 employees and support them in maintaining a work/play balance. This office includes:
- State-of-the-art wireless connectivity & white noise throughout the space.
- A large grass communal space where employees participate in lawn games with their colleagues (fireplaces, basketball court, cornhole, bocce ball, and lawn chess).
- Cubical spaces with doors, a full gym, yoga room, and locker rooms.
- A fully staffed restaurant and open-seating style Great Room is available to eat lunch and collaborate with teammates.
- The team paid keen attention to the details of the corridors, in order to beautify the space that all employees walk through every day.
Maintaining the feeling of community and connectedness in such a large facility while keeping in accordance with fire codes was a challenge. The solution was to design the floors around a single atrium, known as the Great Hall. No matter what floor employees are on, they can view the Great Hall every day. Thank you to the Douglas Allred Company, Balmer Architectural Group, and all of our trade partners who made this project a giant success for Chandler and the aerospace industry.